National Foundation of Indian Engineers (NAFEN) was established in April, 1987, a Professional Society and an apex body of Engineers, Managers, Technocrats, Scientists, Academicians and Leaders of Corporate World from all over India and abroad. The Foundation is managed and governed by a Governing Council consisting of eminent industrialists, distinguished Parliamentarians and Leading Economist of high repute. There is a written constitution called "Memorandum of Understanding" approved by the Registrar of Societies, according to which the organization functions and its activities are governed.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
NAFEN is vigorously pursuing the achievement of the following major objectives:-
- Promotion of Science & Technology.
- Dissemination of useful knowledge in Hi-Tech Areas & Management.
- Liaison with Industry.
- To create fraternity and brotherhood among Engineering and Management.
- To promote R&D activities in modern areas of engineering like OR, Computers (both Software & Hardware development), Electronics and tap new and non-conventional sources of Energy.
- To develop Hi-Tech areas for preparing Indian Engineers and Managers to meet the challenging demands of 21st Century.
- Revival of the sick industries by providing them Technical & Managerial support from our experts.
- To maintain close interaction with Government departments to see proper implementation of economic and industrial policies.
- To develop areas like Environment, Clean Technologies, Technology Transfer, Country Profiles, Status Reports, Industrial Maintenance etc.
- To organize International Conferences, National Seminars, Conventions, Workshops, Training Programmes, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Exhibitions etc.
- Project Management of turnkey projects on time, quality & price.
- Funding arrangements with international agencies like EC, ADB, WB, KFW, OECF etc. to provide best possible finances for Indian industry.
In order to meet the objectives NAFEN achieved the following:-
- Organizes International Conference & Exhibition (22 Nos.), Global Corporate Meets (03) and National Level Competitions (16) organized so far. These National Level Competitions are organized to inculcate a habit of Energy Conservation among the younger generation and to make them aware of the importance of Energy Conservation at the grass root level. In addition, NAFEN also organizes National Seminars on various topics relevant to the needs of emerging society.
- To promote Science & Technology at international level, NAFEN has Long-term Technical Cooperation Agreements with a number of International Professional bodies/Universities/Institutes both in Eastern and Western World.
- Consultancy Studies in various areas have been completed by NAFEN. As a result of specialized consultancy services rendered by NAFEN, Government of India has recognized NAFEN as a Consultancy and R&D Organization. So far 30 Consultancy Studies have been completed.
- United Nations, Economic & Social Council (ECOSOC) has also granted A-2 Consultative Status to NAFEN.
- Similarly the World Bank, USA; ADB, Manila; have also recognized NAFEN as a Consultancy Organization. NAFEN has also Long Term Technical Co-operation Agreement with Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), Triesty, Italy.
NAFEN recognizes the excellent work done by the outstanding personalities, in various fields. As a recognition, NAFEN gives Annual Excellence Corporate Awards to Leaders who have excelled in their field of activities and also life time achievement awards. So far, 80 such prestigious awards have been given to distinguished personalities in India and abroad.
For further more details, Please contact email@example.com